Wednesday, February 27, 2019

February 10, 2004

Dreamed of playing a video game about a boy and his dog in the jungle; reading an old encyclopedia and coming to the section about World War I (when I was little we had a 1920s edition of The Book of Knowledge and a 1930s edition of The World Book); meeting a girl for a tryst in a women's washroom in a tall building, then a whole group coming in because of a hostage situation (there was a hostage scene on the Eiffel Tower in Le Divorce).

This morning I woke up constipated, and had to skip breakfast and do nothing all morning.

The remote controls for both of our satellite hookups were on the blink last night, but today I realized that each of them must have one of its two batteries dead, and fiddled around so that the two live batteries were together, so now one remote works.

I came to the opera rehearsal early to help unpack the costumes. [That would become an annual ritual for me.] They didn't really need me.  We had a full Don Giovanni dress rehearsal.  The costumes are impressive.  We even got buckles to put on our shoes so they'd look like the 18th century.  At times, the wings are congested like the Tokyo subway.

I didn't get to eat (at McDonald's) until after 11:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment