Monday, May 21, 2018

May 21, 2003


Got up at 9:54.

Dreamed of seeing a color(!) photograph of Anne of Avonlea character Davy Keith (looking like a present-day kid) in a bicycle race [that's a still of the character in the TV series The Road to Avonlea up top]; reading of a "real life" woman who reminded me of July's wife Peach in Lonesome Dove.

Another dance lesson. Afterward I recited my Bethune monologue for Cynthia.

I've been having a problem with diarrhea so I switched to lactose-free milk for a while.

Dinner was halibut.

In the drama class I did an exercise where I delivered my Bethune monologue to a group of underground conspirators, with quiet furtiveness.  It was very useful.  

Then Zita and I worked on a scene from Barefoot in the Park, playing a newlywed couple having their first quarrel.  When we performed our  scenes, they were full of bloopers.  Tijuana said I have natural comic timing. [Zita was a Hungarian-born model taking the acting course to improve her English!]

Visited the new karaoke place near our house.  Hardly anyone was singing.  I sang "Can't Help Falling in Love," Hey, Jude" and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head."

No comments:

Post a Comment