Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 7, 2008

"J.J., we can't elope!"

"Why not?  It's just like a big family wedding, except we won't invite the family!"

--Good Times


Dreamed of having a globe whose cover came apart and reverted to a flat map of the world.


Moira and the parents went to Kingston overnight.


Went to a tree tour in Mount Pleasant Cemetery.  I brought a twig from the mystery tree in our back yard and they told me it was buckthorn (not benjamina).


Afterward I went to the Eaton Centre.  I bought another volume of Peanuts reprints, and one of Dick Tracy in the 1930s. (I bought so much that they threw in a free reading light, and gave me the chance to buy a $150 tote bag for $50, but I said no.) Then I ate at Arby's.


Saw another Extreme Engineering episode, about a proposal to build a bridge over the Bering Strait. (They talked quite a bit about Canada's Confederation Bridge.) I think a tunnel is a better bet.


Saw the Good Times double episode on DVD where J.J. got engaged to a girl who turned out to have a heroin problem. (It could happen to anyone...) When he revealed his engagement, his mother asked why he hadn't broken such big news when he first came in.  Because this is a sitcom, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment