Monday, June 12, 2023

June 4, 2008

"I still don't believe that his gun went off accidentally."

"He'll get along fine with nine toes!"

--Earthquake


Went shopping.


Baked rye bread.


Saw the DVD of the epic '70s disaster movie Earthquake.  Cynical fun, with the quintessential George Kennedy performance.


Dinner was shrimp.  I said I was tired of it, so we won't have it again for a while.


I've started a new book of o'ekaki puzzles.  They're my favourite puzzles by a street!


Went to the Walking Meetup. (We took basically the same route as last time.) I ended up telling Julie about my difficulties with Karen that led my leaving her book club.  Afterward we stopped at New York Cafe, where I talked to Liz for quite a while. (She'd recently visited Morocco, and I mentioned Paul Bowles' The Sheltering Sky, so she wrote down the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment