Thursday, September 26, 2024

September 20, 2009

Newspaper headline: "Parade to distract joyless citizenry"--The Simpsons


Dreamed of a new cinema at a non-existent mall in Yorkville; recalling that the 1978 Neil Simon comedy The Cheap Detective was rather thin; a dying John Wayne tossing a lit Catherine wheel and killing a group of Native Americans who'd been hanging people.


Walked on the Leslie Street spit with the Travel Meetup group.  There were almost 30 of us, and we mostly walked on off-road trails, which meant a long single-file procession.  I left early to be on time for my next event.


That next event was another Games Meetup at the Foxes Den.  I played Ticket to Ride and managed 111 points, but Lawrence got an incredible 141!  Then I played Carcassone, of course.  There was a new player and I wanted to do the simple version, but Lawrence insisted on the expansion version, so the game moved slowly.


Dinner was Chicken McNuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment