Friday, April 12, 2024

April 4, 2009

"Why did you lie to me?"

"Because I felt like it.  I wanted to lie, so I did.  Let me alone"

--Possessed

"Be reasonable, Louise! [Louise slaps him] That's pretty reasonable"

--ibid.

"I didn't realize that Canada was so big and far away"

--ibid.


Went to a Walking Meetup in Forest Hill.  There were eleven people, though the weather was cool.


It turns out the library has only a few copies of Seven Years in Tibet and you can't get any copies in the local Chapters and Indigo stores.  When I couldn't find it at Book City, I decided to change the book to Emily of New Moon.


Dinner was McDonald's.


Saw the DVD of Possessed, the film noir where Joan Crawford loves Van Heflin, but he won't marry her so she marries rich employer Raymond Massey instead and goes off her rocker.  Quite fun, though the Schumann concerto was used unsubtly.

No comments:

Post a Comment