Tuesday, January 23, 2024

January 18, 2009

Audrey (to her "special agent" Dale Cooper): "You know, there's only one thing wrong with you.  You're perfect"--Twin Peaks

"School numbs my buns"--ibid.


Dreamed of hearing that the prime minister of Australia in the 1950s opened a big region of protected wilderness to commercial exploitation in the name of making it available to "the people." (I have no idea if that really happened, but it sounds depressingly plausible...)


Went to see Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler at the Cumberland. (I was going to see it with a Movie Meetup group, but I couldn't find them.) I've always like Mickey Rourke, and he was in rare form here, more Irish than ever!


John and Kathrine came over for dinner, which was pizza.


The pizza made me sick that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment