Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 22, 2008

"Westward looks my heart, eastward sails the ship"--Tristan und Isolde


"He's not sick, he's married"--Streets of Laredo


Dreamed of coming back from England early(?); a music video with clashing oranges and blues; being late for school because I had to furrow a couple of rows for planting in the planter next to our old house in Sackville, N.B.


Saw all four hours of the Metropolitan Opera cinemacast of Wagner's Tristan und Isolde at the Grande.  It's arguably the first modern opera, but not for all tastes. (Wagner can seem monotonously passionate!) Didn't care for the video director's multiscreen gimmicks.


I'm now reading Streets of Laredo, the sequel to Lonesome Dove.  Larry McMurtry's incomparable!


Dinner was McDonald's.


Read the chapter of Dream of the Red Chamber where Daiyu shows a precocious flair for writing inscriptions.  Bill told me he can't keep up the group, but I'm going to finish the novel anyway! [I didn't.]

No comments:

Post a Comment