Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 16, 2008

"Can you shoot?"

"Like an angel!"

--Tarzan, the Ape Man


Attended the Lunch Club Meetup at Kama's.  I was expecting eight people but only five showed up.  They were quite grateful for my efforts.


Afterward I bought Pippi Longstocking at Indigo Books in the Eaton Centre, along with the 1955-6 volume of Peanuts reprints. (They gave me a $5 coupon on online toy purchases...)


Saw the DVD of the first Dr. Who episode involving the Daleks. (They only showed a small part of one, at the closing cliffhanger.)


Dinner was steak.


Performed The Seven Last Words of Christ at the St. Clair Church.  It'll be 10 days before the next rehearsal, because Giuseppe Macina is having cataract surgery tomorrow. (Afterward I told him a joke I'd heard as a schoolboy where a hotel desk clerk asked a Mexican guest "One sheet or two sheets?" and got the answer "You sheet in my bed, I keel you!" He liked it anyway.)


Saw something on the net about how you should start a dating profile by saying what's most compelling about you.  I've been wondering what's most compelling about me. (My ideals?)

No comments:

Post a Comment