Saturday, December 10, 2022

November 30, 2007

Chinatown quotes:

"You can't eat the Venetian blinds.  I just had them installed Wednesday."

"Are you alone?" "Who isn't?"

"You may think you understand these things, but you have no idea."

"Does it [Jack Nicholson's sliced nose] smart?" "Only when I breathe."

"Let the police handle this." "He owns the police!"


Dreamed of baking a round, black loaf of bread.


I was going to get my hair cut in the afternoon, but Father wated to go out and buy more RAM for the computer so we can install the OSX update.  So we drove out to the place in Riverdale where they were selling it cheap.  At least, Father thought the store was around there--but it's moved, and we didn't check the address before we left.  By the time we got home, it was too late to go back out.  I had two things to do that afternoon, and managed to do neither.


Dinner was quiche.


Saw the DVD of Roman Polanski's neo-noir Classic Chinatown (for maybe the fourth time). Robert Towne is one of the great Hollywood screenwriters.  I couldn't help noticing that John Huston's affably sentimental, amoral villain resembled Ronald Reagan. (Speaking of evil triumphant...) I hope the bullet Faye Dunaway put into his should caused painful, terminal gangrene!

No comments:

Post a Comment