Wednesday, December 7, 2022

November 28, 2007

"It was due to the Gang of Four and the Cultural Revolution."

"Isn't everything?"

--Farewell, My Concubine


Gunfighter (watching Caine in the lotus position): "Keep that up and you might just end up with ingrown ankle bones!"--Kung Fu


Dreamed of reading a non-existent novella by W. Somerset Maugham about missionaries in China (though he did write The Painted Veil and several missionary-themed stories); wanting to read more of them; the sitcom Get Smart; remembering when I was 18 and Donald said to me "Jamie, that's a bit rude" (which still bugs me); walking all the way across Mississauga from west to east; getting a new Latin reader and reading the hardest part at the end first.


Saw all of Farewell, My Concubine in glorious colour.  It ranks with Lawrence of Arabia as one of the great gay epics.


Dinner was pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment