Thursday, November 5, 2020

October 23, 2005

When I woke up in the morning I kept thinking about the Grade 7 Industrial Arts teacher who humiliated me in front of everyone in our very first class, and how my parents wouldn't speak to him about it because when I'd told them about it they automatically dismissed him as "unreasonable."

Reread "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" for the Book Club Meetup.

My glasses disappeared, so I had to wear my contact lenses for the first time in ages. (The lens was curled a bit at the edges, but I managed to put it on.)

I was late for the Meetup but Carolyn was glad to see me.

Dinner was pork chops.

Saw the DVD of John Huston's The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (for the fourth time). Now there's a movie with cojones!  Humphrey Bogart's descent into bloodthirsty madness is horrifying, and Walter Huston's also at his best.

On Six Feet Under Lisa had a fit because Nate took their baby to the funeral of his ex Brenda's father, and let Brenda touch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment