Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 3, 2005

Dreamed of an earlier American version of Godzilla(?) with Steve Allen as an academic transformed into the monster but with no rampage(!).

Got another Menomonee Falls Gazette issue.

Dinner was roast beef.

Baked raisin bread.

Went to a Book Club Meetup.  We discussed Frankenstein (which I'd read) and Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake (which I hadn't). There were seven people there.  Unfortunately, we met at the Red Room, which was rather loud for conversation.

Almost finished resorting my comics. (For a while I had the whole floor of my room strewn with them!)

Started reading a reprint of the comic strip Rick O'Shay from its first year (1958).  It was far more "cartoonish" in the beginning than in the realistic later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment