Saturday, May 9, 2020

May 1, 2005

Dreamed of a man climbing up the side of an abandoned ship to join a woman aboard.

Started reading another Dick Tracy reprint.  In this one B.O. Plenty got married to Gravel Gertie.

Went to the Chinese Meetup group.  Unfortunately, the place was too hard to find and I was half an hour late.  It didn't matter, however, because the place turned out to be closed on Sundays. (I visited the Reference Library instead.)

Dinner was Harvey's.

I'm part of a Tango Linkup group, so I went to a studio near Wellesley station and got a free tango lesson.  But I'm not sure I'll go back. (Many of the numbers on their tape were Vienna waltz instead of tango.)

Saw the DVD of Cecil B. DeMille's The Affairs of Anatol, a silent comedy about an upright man married to Gloria Swanson, who flirts with an incorrigible Jazz Age flapper, a larcenous country wife and an actress called Satan Synne.  Based on an Arthur Schnitzler play, it's more sophisticated than usual for Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment