Wednesday, March 11, 2020

March 5, 2005

"Red, where are you going?" "Places!"--Red Barry

Read a Red Barry reprint in Menomonee Falls Gazette.  It's a remarkably tough-minded 1936 comic strip about a special undercover policeman.

Saw the DVD of the first episode of the classic comedy series SCTV Network 90.  There was stuff in it I'm pretty sure I'd never seen before.

Dinner was fettucine in pesto sauce (which I cooked).

For the second month in a row, nobody showed up at the Karaoke Meetup. (Well, one girl showed up but she hated the place.) For two cents I'd quit it all!  And I missed a movie I'd badly wanted to see (Bunuel's Nazarin) in the hope that having it on Saturday instead of Friday would mean that the people who'd said they'd come actually would. [I did end up quitting the organizer position.]

Saw the DVD of Barry Sonnenfeld's movie of Elmore Leonard's Get Shorty (for the second time). A funny comedy, with John Travolta at his best.  Leonard writes some great dialogue!


No comments:

Post a Comment