Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 25, 2005

Narration: "In the last hours of peace [in 1939], soldiers put on uniforms with a tired grin"--The World at War

Influence: "I defy anyone to look me straight in the eye for more than 30 seconds--without falling utterly under my spell!"--Dick Tracy

Dreamed of getting the idea of writing a multigenerational novel about a World War I veteran watching his sons go off to fight in World War II.

Saw the DVD of the first episode of the classic World War II documentary series The World at War.  Unforgettable, though showing nameless human faces behind the opening titles was vaguely distasteful.

Read some stories from the comic strip version of Dr. Kildare in Menomonee Falls Gazette.  I prefer Ben Casey.

Dinner was McDonald's.

There were four people for the Activist Meetup, more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment