Wednesday, June 6, 2018

June 5, 2003

Dreamed of going through the streets in my pajamas; walking to our Sackville house and seeing the lights of Honest Ed's above it(?); English translations of the Petzi picture books I used to read in French when I was young.

Got up at 9:38.

Went to the library and borrowed the Harry Potter mini-books Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages.

Had lunch with Pui and Gordon.

Fierce headache.

Finished Freddy Goes to the North Pole.

The parents went to London for the day.

Saw two of Marlene Dietrich's silent movies at the Cinematheque with a live piano. (Like Garbo, she wasn't quite as thin in her European movies as she would be after going Hollywood.) In I Kiss Your Hand, Madame it's surprising how much of her persona was already emerging.  In Three Loves she reminded me of Metropolis actress Birgitte Helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment