Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June 10, 2003

Dreamed of visiting my aunt's house near Sydney, Cape Breton; going down to the bluff at the seashore there; climbing a knoll like the one in Humber Bay park; finding three watches on the ground.

Got up at 9:58.

Another dance lesson.  We covered a lot today!

Dinner was McDonald's.

Read 37 pages of The Three Musketeers.  It's quite entertaining. [I learned that the beret originated in Gascony!]

Saw two Marlene Dietrich westerns at the Cinematheque, both of which I'd seen before:  Fritz Lang's Rancho Notorious and George Marshall's Destry Rides Again.

I got a letter published in Salon!  It was in response to an Allen Barra review of a biography of Robert E. Lee, in which Barra called the Civil War "a gentlemanly affair." I pointed to such specific cases as the march through Georgia and the Confederate policy of murdering black POWs...

No comments:

Post a Comment