Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February 9, 2007

"I find men very attractive."

"I imagine they meet you halfway."

--Murder, My Sweet


Dreamed of a DVD of the movie Fargo, including deleted scenes; being unable to figure out how to start it; admiring the moment when William H. Macy realized he hadn't thought about having to talk to his son about the kid's mother being kidnapped.


Went to the doctor and got my first prostate exam.  Then I bought a valentine for Carmen!


Saw the DVD of Edward Dmytryk's Murder, My Sweet, based on Raymond Chandler's Farewell, My Lovely.  A classic of film noir style, with a great dementia montage.


Dinner was shepherd's pie.


Saw the DVD of the first episode of Dennis Potter's 1970s BBC series Pennies From Heaven.  Pretty strange, in a very British way. (Why did they think it would work as a Hollywood movie?)

No comments:

Post a Comment