Sunday, February 13, 2022

February 7, 2007

Dreamed of visiting Goodenough College (the London residence where I stayed in 1995); noticing ways to get rich quick; going out onto London streets and getting lost; taking bread out of our baking machine and realizing it hadn't risen; being asked what I most wanted to be and flippantly answering "A millionaire!"; discussing post-World War II existentialism.


Went shopping.


Finally saw our second Rigoletto DVD, which I'd been passing around the opera chorus.  It's an Arena di Verona production, more conventional than the Royal Opera version but done on a huge scale.


Dinner was spaghetti.


We rehearsed La Traviata.  After one chorus bit Giuseppe pointed out that I was the only one who remembered to laugh!  Looks like I'll wear my slippers with the Rigoletto costume and my regular shoes with Trav.

No comments:

Post a Comment