Thursday, September 23, 2021

September 17, 2006

Bullwinkle: "When I nod my head, hit it with your hammer."


Dreamed of John and I visiting New York City; getting separated on the subway.


Went to the Book Club Meetup at the Bright Pearl restaurant in Chinatown.  We ate dim sum (which I don't care for as much as Chinese dinners) and talked about The Good Earth and Dad, the latter of which I'd read a third.  New month is Dragana's choice, and she chose Jack London's Martin Eden and a couple of other books.


Dinner was lasagna.


Finished the Jet Fuel Formula story in the Rocky & Bullwinkle DVDs.  Some brilliant 1950s satire!


Subscribed to King Features' Daily Ink for just US$15/year.  I got it mainly for its old comic strips like Rip Kirby. (It also gives quick dailly access to several strips The Comics Curmudgeon frequently discusses, like Mary Worth and Apartment 3-G.) [I still subscribe to it today.]

No comments:

Post a Comment