Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July 31, 2006

Dreamed of going to school one morning realizing I hadn't brought my gym clothes, and deciding to go home instead; thinking that Cambodia and Minneapolis were close to our old home in Sackville, N.B.; recalling that the jerky New York mayor Ed Koch had called Jimmy Carter "one of America's worst presidents" [he did!]; recalling the actual Carter quote, "Being called incompetent by these people is like being called ugly by a frog."


We went to Sears at Yorkdale Mall and I got a new pair of pajamas.


Afterward I went to Dragon Lady and bought the last Ebay items from there (for now). I also got a Ron Goulart book about 1930s adventure strips.


Dinner was pizza.


Masami answered my email! [I was commiserating over an injury that had ruined her plans for a ballet school audition.] She says my Japanese is wonderful, and wonders whether I translated it myself.  She also mentioned that she recently went through a breakup. [It never rains but it pours!]

No comments:

Post a Comment