Saturday, July 17, 2021

July 26, 2006

"Poor Mom.  She's so out there"--Six Feet Under


Dreamed of a Sopranos episode with Six Feet Under-style surrealism, involving ghosts of dead characters, featuring a non-existent brain-dead young man soaring; the Nat King Cole song "When I Fall in Love"; meeting someone on the street reading a Tintin adventure comic; reflecting that I'd met Italian-Canadian women who were like Carmela Soprano.


Went shopping.


Went to the Hawkins Institute and met Debbie, who said they're going to close my case. (She mentioned that I might face heavy odds in my search for a library page position, but we'll see.) On the way back, I submitted an application at the Barbara Frum library.  I would have done it at the Pape branch too, but it's closed for renovation.


Dinner was halibut.


Went to the Cinematheque to see a lecturer introduce the movie An Inn in Osaka.  But it was too sad for me.


I went home early and saw the DVD of the last episodes of Six Feet Under, with Nate's death and funeral.  They were impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment