Monday, July 5, 2021

July 21, 2006

[Today I resumed my diary after a six-week hiatus.]


It was my last day in my job at Toronto Public Library's Human Resources.  I overslept and only made it in time because Father drove me.  Sandra baked me a marble cake! (The gingerbread I brought yesterday disappeared quickly.) At 10:30 we convened in the meeting room and they gave me a card that everyone had signed, including a $40 Chapters gift certificate.  A very appreciative group.


The family and I ate at Red Lobster.


Saw the DVD of the last episode of the miniseries version of Ingmar Bergman's Scenes From a Marriage.  Keeping an eye on the subtitles tired me out.


Went to the Karaoke Meetup at Groundhog.  It's the first time in ages I went to a public karaoke!  The group attracted some 15 people, including Anthony. (I invited Masami, but a big knee injury had prevented her from auditioning for ballet school and she's understandably depressed just now.  I emailed Barbara and suggested we send a card.) I sang "Ring of Fire" and "Eat It." We sat pretty close to the speakers and I got a bit of an earache.

No comments:

Post a Comment