Saturday, January 2, 2021

January 1, 2006

"I want real bacon."

"This is real bacon, honey, it's just made of soybeans."

"I want pig bacon!"

--Syriana


Dreamed of a young white man in Japanese-occupied Asia in World War II tipped off by a sympathetic collaborationist that the Japanese were going to arrest him, and sneaking off to fight for the Allies; getting the idea of making it into a novel, with the young man Italian and his father's first name Aquilo; with a dedication to my singing teacher Giuseppe ("You the man"); being about to meet Richard B. Bernstein and other people I knew from the mrcranky.com forums at a convention; trying to write on a laptop computer, but finding it falling apart on me.


Saw Stephen Gaghan's Syriana at Canada Square.  Intelligent and believable, though so complicated that I may have to see it again.


Dinner was spaghetti.


On Six Feet Under Nate went to a fortune teller who said that his late wife Lisa was "not gone"; George men with his estranged son.

No comments:

Post a Comment