Monday, September 28, 2020

September 16, 2005

Dreamed of the tragedy of two siblings who took pills instead of eating, from the time they were little, ending with two airplanes colliding head-on; homemade airships; trying to will myself to wake up, and not succeeding at first; reflecting that Charlize Theron should make more period movies; a breakthrough in dentistry that briefly extended "the golden age."

Saw the first half of Midnight Movies:  From the Margin to the Mainstream at the Cumberland.  It's a documentary about (what else?) the midnight movies phenomenon of the 1970s (stuff like El Topo and Night of the Living Dead). Pretty interesting, but I had to leave early.

Then I went for an interview about volunteering at the Parkdale Library. (I was late because I thought it was High Park.) The Leading to Reading program was directed at people too young for my interests.  I'll try some other programs.

Dinner was lasagna.

I was going to attend a Meetin gathering, but I was too tired.  Instead I saw a couple more episodes of The History of Rock and Roll.

Finally got that reprint of the first episodes of the comic strip Buz Sawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment