Sunday, September 27, 2020

September 15, 2005

Iraqi goatherd: "America will fail, because its behaviour is not the behaviour of a great nation"--Why We Fight

Dreamed of levitating; facing an epic duel with a human-sized fly; visiting a university campus at the northern tip of Manhattan; finding a pile of Sunday comics sections.

I was going to see Heart of the Game, a documentary about girls' sports, but my sinuses were acting up and I would have had to leave early because of my job interview.

Katherine and I went to a firm called ERA Architects, who do "cultural" architecture. (There's a woman there called Kirsten who resembles actress Chloe Sevigny.) Katherine thinks that the interview went very well and I should get a part-time job doing research for them. [Nothing happened.]

I had time to make the screening of the documentary Why We Fight at the Cumberland.  Directed by Eugene Jarecki, it's an examination of the "military-industrial complex" and its influence on US foreign policy today.  Telling.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Saw the DVD of the Mystery Science Theatre version of Girl in Gold Boots, a 1968 B-movie about go-go dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment