Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 22, 2005

"Seems it always happens.  Whenever we get too high-hat, too sophisticated for flag-waving, some thug nation decides we're a pushover, all ready to be blackjacked.  And it isn't long before we're looking up mighty anxiously to make sure the flag's waving over us"--Yankee Doodle Dandy

"Eddie Foy.  The star with the big show down the street with a chorus of 70." "Why, I thought they looked a little younger than that!"--ibid.

Sharhal and I came to an agreement to exchange Terry and the Pirates Sunday comics.  Since my strips are filling some of his collection's few remaining gaps, he's giving me twelve for my six!


Dinner was shepherd's pie.


Baked raisin bread.


Saw the DVD of Michael Curtiz' Yankee Doodle Dandy (for the fourth time). It's a musical biography of George M. Cohan, the song and dance man and Broadway composer.  Patriotic wartime hokum, with James Cagney as entertaining as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment