Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 15, 2003

Dreamed of being in a computer game set in a reconstructed historic fort (like Fort York in Toronto); setting a fire on a dinner plate; a group of women with some man trouble and imagining that one of them should tell another that that all men are jerks anyway, citing her husband as an example.

Got my hair cut.  This time I just got a small trim in preparation for the operas.

Went to Indigo Books and bought the course book Colloquial Dutch.  I also got some reduced books that my nieces and nephew might like.

Read about Dutch pronunciation. [I got interested in learning Dutch because there was this Dutch nurse in my writing course...]

John and Rae came over for dinner, which was pizza.

Saw Brian de Palma's Scarface remake at the Royal.  Brutal, dumb, slow and unpleasant.  It started out portraying wretched excess but ended up embodying it.  Howard Hawks' original version did infinitely more with less.

No comments:

Post a Comment