Sunday, October 13, 2024

October 9, 2009

"It's unfinished."

"Our marriage?"

"The translation."

--The Browning Version


Dreamed of a European woman arriving in America and going off to join an Indian nation; her watch having mystical symbols instead of numbers.


Dinner was frozen Thai food.


The parents and I were going to see Bright Star, but it was pouring rain so we decided to wait till next week.  Then I was going to see the Fame remake, but when I got to the Yorkdale it turned out it had started 20 minutes earlier than I thought, so I went home.


Got a package of Ebay comic strips from Barry King.


Saw the DVD of Anthony Asquith's 1951 movie of the Terence Rattigan play The Browning Version.  Superb. (I should see the 1994 Mike Figgis version again.) [This movie got me interested in learning classical Greek!]

No comments:

Post a Comment