Tuesday, September 19, 2023

September 17, 2008

"What you call 'love is something guys like me invented to sell nylons....  I live as if there were no tomorrow because there isn't"--Mad Men


Dreamed of the song "Candy Man"; the movie Rocky III (which I haven't seen).


I thought I was really going to impress Giuseppe with my rendition of "Wohin?" at today's singing lesson.  But it turned out that I'd forgotten the sheet I'd written the words on!


Dinner was steak.


We saw the DVD of the first episode of Mad Men.  Very intelligent though rather bleak.


Saw the DVD of the first episodes of the cartoon series George of the Jungle.  It's a treasured memory of my childhood, exhilaratingly silly. (My favourite segment of all is Super Chicken.) [His catchphrase was "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.]


Started reading the spring issue of Lapham's Quarterly which is about money.

No comments:

Post a Comment