Tuesday, September 19, 2023

September 15, 2008

"No-one's a traitor until they are"--Rome


Dreamed of Dvorak's "Songs My Mother Taught Me"; speculating about a gay subtext in The Caine Mutiny.


Last night was the first rehearsal of the Coro Verdi's new season.  We're doing folks songs again. (Nothing new so far.)


Dinner was salmon.


Went to the Writers Meetup.  Our challenge was to write a dialogue starting with the line "I know what you did last summer." I wasn't up to that, but they'd offered the alternative of reading a passage about summer, so I read a few pages about Tom Sawyer's summer vacation.  Before the end of the meeting I did come up with this exchange:

"I know what you did last summer."

"Then I'll have to kill you."

"Is that really nec--"


Finished Beijing Confidential.  Jan Wong's a great reporter indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment