Sunday, August 22, 2021

August 16, 2006

Dreamed of passing by a Moncton bowling alley that doubled as a church; writing summaries of a monthly magazine column written by George Bernard Shaw from the days before World War II.


Helped Father attach a new ceiling section in our sun room. (It had to be replaced because of leaking water.)


Dinner was roast chicken.


Saw Kenji Mizoguchi's A Geisha. (I was going to give my ticket to Moira because there was going to be a Karaoke Meetup the same night, but the latter got rescheduled.  Fortunately, Moira didn't mind me being an Indian giver!) A masterpiece.  In the end it reminded me a bit of Vittorio de Sica's dramas.  Too bad Mizoguchi wasn't around to direct the movie of Memoirs of a Geisha.


Found a hilarious website called The Comics Curmudgeon. (I learned of it from James Wolcott's blog.) It's a blog by a guy commenting on current comic strips, few of which meet his approval.  Lots of comments as well. [15 years later, I still read it daily!]

No comments:

Post a Comment