Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August 12, 2006

Dreamed of climbing up a big sand dune (like in the opening of Woman in the Dunes, which I'd recently seen), then sliding down trying to think up a poem from this; "riding the waves" at a beach like Ingonish in Cape Breton.


I miss having a reason to get up early now that my six-month job position is finished.


Dinner was McDonald's. (Only Father and I were home.)


Saw Kenji Mizoguchi's Street of Shame at the Cinematheque. (I'd misplaced the ticket and was going to see Woody Allen's Manhattan with Moira and Mother, but the ticket turned up again at the last minute!) It's a devastating "social realism" drama about a group of hookers working together in 1950s Tokyo, at a time when the country was close to banning prostitution.  The Japanese have this overly acute sense of cleanliness that can make them intolerant of "indecent" people!

No comments:

Post a Comment