Wednesday, July 8, 2020

June 24, 2005

"Cows and chickens make better friends than any of the people I've met in Paris"--Camille

Dreamed of sleeping overnight on a train.

John came over and he and Father spent a long time on the plumbing connections. (They've found several links.) The water got turned off upstairs, and the cold water will only get turned back on tomorrow.

Dinner was scalloped potatoes and ham.

Went to see the new Italian movie Vento di Terra at the Cinematheque.  Too depressing for me!  After 20 minutes, I left and walked over to Nathan Phillips Square. (A Linkup group saw the movie, but I only met up with them afterward.)

I saw the Cinematheque's second movie, George Cukor's  Camille (for the second time).  In this one Greta Garbo played a character instead of just being herself!  Too bad that her costar Robert Taylor seemed bush-league next to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment