Tuesday, July 7, 2020

June 22, 2005

"The more certain progressive education was of its techniques, the less explicit it was about its goals--perhaps in this respect it offered a parable on American life"--Anti-Intellectualism in American Life

"You hate me, and I like you.  It's really stimulating"--The Magician

Dreamed of hiking on a park trail in a hilly, wooded area; having diarrhea and leaving a big discharge on the trail; getting into a rowboat with no oars.

At today's singing lesson I started on Gluck's "O Del Mio Dolce Ardor." It's pretty hard.

Went shopping.

Got a collection of George Baker's The Sad Sack cartoons depicting life in the U.S. Army in World War II.

Went to the Geneva Centre picnic.  I only saw a couple of people I knew.

Saw Ingmar Bergman's The Magician at the Cinematheque.  Quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment