Thursday, June 11, 2020

May 28, 2005

"I know what it's like to be in the bottom bunk"--Oz

Dreamed of going on a field trip and coming back really late and worrying that the parents wouldn't be happy.

It's Open Doors weekend in Toronto!  In the morning I joined a Meetin group and we visited the St. Lawrence Market gallery, the Flatiron Building, the Hummingbird Centre and Union Station. (During the Hummingbird Centre tour, when we walked onto the stage where they put on operas, I started singing Frank Sinatra's "My Way." It got a good laugh.

In the afternoon Father drove me to Etobicoke, where I visited Toronto's Jain centre.

Dinner was McDonald's.

I was going to see Bride and Prejudice but the Roncesvalles streetcars weren't working and I couldn't get to the Revue in time.

Saw the classic Miami Vice episode "Smuggler's Blues," where a homicide cop goes rogue and shakes down smugglers. ("The bottom line is M-O-N-E-Y!" "Usually is.")

No comments:

Post a Comment