Wednesday, June 10, 2020

May 26, 2055

"I just love it when you poor little rich kids slip up twice.  You know why?  'Cause then you're just like everybody else!"--Miami Vice

Dreamed of attending a Halifax meeting of the board running Canada's largest men's club.

Got through to Hirsch.  It turned out that he couldn't open my CV attachment. (A Mac attachment on a Windows computer, of course!) So I copied the text directly into my email.

Got a couple of Toronto Star and Toronto Telegram weekend sections, including comics, and a new batch of Menomonee Falls Gazette issues and a Twin Earths reprint.

Forgot to have lunch!

Dinner was spaghetti.

The Geneva Centre group and I saw George Lucas' Revenge of the Sith at Silver City Eglinton.  It wasn't as inept as Attack of the Clones, but it was still a bit too long and dreary.  Ewan MacGregor did a cool Alec Guiness, but Hayden Christiansen was a remarkably inadequate Vader. (Poor Natalie Portman was given lines like "He says you're under a lot of pressure," and "I don't know you any more!") My favourite gadget was the two-wheel contraption General Insidious (or whatever his name was) rode around in. [His name was General Grievous.]

No comments:

Post a Comment