Friday, June 26, 2020

June 13, 2005

Dreamed of reading a large-size book about World War II, written in fine print (like my edition of the Oxford English Dictionary).

Baked whole wheat bread.

Got some Little Orphan Annie Sundays from back in the 1930s at Dragon Lady.

In the late afternoon a thunderstorm finally ended our dry spell.

Dinner was shepherd's pie.

Went to the Goodenough Association's annual meeting.  Unfortunately, I got caught in the rain in my good suit.  I got quite a soaking because I couldn't find the Toronto Lawn Tennis Club where the meeting was taking place. (Being caught in the rain affects your judgement.) And I arrived somewhat late.  But I got to meet Madeline Melling and Timothy Toyne-Sewell again, whom I'd met in London. (They're retiring from Goodenough College soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment