Tuesday, November 19, 2019

November 6, 2004

The Mangler: "First thing to do is get some travel folders.  Those nice, crisp green ones!"--Rip Kirby

Pagan Lee (losing Rip to the thrill of Montana prospecting): "I hope he drops the shovel on his foot!  Amy, darling, never forget that men were created to light our cigarettes and open car doors!  Beyond that, they're a total loss!"

Fagin to Oliver Twist: "If you keep on like today, you'll end up the greatest man of all time"

Read an old Rip Kirby comic book.

Saw the DVD of Carol Reed's Dickens musical Oliver! for the first time since I was a kid.  I still love it.  What really makes it work is the empathy Shani Wallis brings to the role of Nancy.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Went to a Karaoke Meetup at the Gladstone Hotel.  There was one other guy there.  The place was crowded!  In two hours I had time for only two songs ("Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Ring of Fire"). Naturally, I didn't stay for a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment