Friday, November 22, 2019

November 12, 2004

Closing lines of Eastern Condors: "Fuck America!  God Damn America!" "Where will you go if the plane arrives?" "To America."

"A hero must rise from his sofa.  The biggest zombie comedy in British history"--trailer for Shaun of the Dead

Dinner was steak.

Dreamed of our Sackville cottage; walking on my knees on the sidewalk.

Saw the punk rock documentary The Ramones:  End of the Century (for the second time) at the Royal with Moira.  It was the first time I used my prize pass, which I can do for two at Festival cinemas.  Still fascinating.

On the bus on the way there, we were talking to a couple of Mormon elders who also spoke Spanish. (I resisted the temptation to say, "One of the only things I believe in is not being Mormon.") During their two-year ministries, they don't even read newspapers!

Stayed for Colin Geddes' Kung Fu Fridays presentation Eastern Condors.  It starred Sammo Hung, the plus-size Jackie Chan, as the Man of Few Words in a Deer Hunter-Rambo type adventure involving a guerrilla mission in Vietnam.  Enjoyably artless subtitles like "Nonsense, masturbator!"

No comments:

Post a Comment