Monday, February 12, 2024

February 9, 2009

"You'll meet a nice girl and..."

"I've mets lots of girls--nice and otherwise."

--All That Heaven Allows


Yesterday I showed the parents the photos I took in London last year, on the computer.  They agree that I have a talent for photography.


Dreamed of starting to write a series of Tom Swift-like science fiction adventures featuring unlikely heroes; being in the back yard of our old house in Sackville, N.B., during a total solar eclipse; a coach asking me "Are you mature enough to be on this team?" (Hardly--I wanted out!)


Dinner was lamb stew.


Saw the DVD of Douglas Sirk's romantic melodrama All That Heaven Allows.  It's one of those 1950s movies that date in a good way. (Though Agnes Moorhead's red dye job looked like her hair was on fire!)


At choir practice we went through Faure's Requiem. (My favourite parts are "Sanctus" and "In Paradisum.") Afterward John George (the one who reminds me of Grandpa Jones) gave me a lift to the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment