Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October 6, 2008

Dreamed of walking along St. Clair Avenue (south side, eastward) just west of home; someone telling me I had a stylishly uneven gait (I don't really); discoursing on South Carolina's Citadel military school, its culture of upperclassmen bullying plebs, and pointing out that they were given a rationale for it as well as carte blanche; trying to imagine translations into various languages of Dante's "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."


Finished the first season of Mad Men.  I'm eager to see the second.


Dinner was pork steak.


At choir practice Frank (after Giuseppe's suggestion) gave me a copied score of an aria from Bellini's La Sonnambula for me to try.


Installed the software from an Iwork CD-ROM that came with the Imac. (It does word-processing and spreadsheets and stuff.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment