Sunday, October 29, 2023

October 22, 2008

For the second time, I forgot that my singing lesson was at 13:00 instead of noon!  This time I waited inside Giuseppe's house because it was cool outside.


On the way home, I bought some Cinematheque tickets and the "Il Balen de Suo Sorriso" score, which had arrived at Remenyi's. (The "Vagua Luna" score still hasn't.)

At mrcranky.com, Riding Fool changed his avatar to a Halloween pumpkin, so I posted "It's the Pumpkinification of Riding Fool!" (Coaster actually understood my reference to the Roman satire "The Pumpkinification of Claudius.")


Dinner was steak.


The opera chorus had an acting session.  We did an exercise imagining individual characters for ourselves at the start of Carmen. (I'm Ferdinand Gonzalez, a Valencian peasant who joined  the army for excitement but finds army life boring and is preparing to desert and join a smuggling band...)


Looked at another George Carlin concert DVD.


Finished and returned Freakonomics.  Enjoyable, pretty light reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment