Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 8, 2007

Julius Caesar: "For the immortal gods, so that those whose crimes they would punish may lament their reversal of fortune all the more bitterly, sometimes grant them better temporary fortunes and give them a longer wait before their nemesis"--The Gallic Wars (USA, anyone?)


Dreamed of a non-existent Gene Kelly musical about a group of GIs returning from Europe through Quebec and passing through a park in the wilderness [I'd recently seen It's Always Fair Weather, about a group of returning GIs that included Kelly, but they didn't go that way]; being in a Russian city near the Korean border; going outside in the morning, barely awake, and looking down a Texas road to the sea.


I'll have to miss the first choir practice of the new year. (I'm saving my voice for the opera rehearsal, as I'm still not over my cold.)


I now have a blog at canadiancommonsense.blogspot.com .  My Ebay customer Carlos can't get through to my email address, so I suggested he leave his message in the blog's comments section.


Dinner was more stew (and another Christmas pudding).

No comments:

Post a Comment