Tuesday, January 18, 2022

January 12, 2007

"I'm not afraid of hell, because I've been there"--Iwo Jima survivor


Saw Clint Eastwood's Flags of Our Fathers at the Bloor.  It's an excellent, straightforward account of the Marines thrust into the spotlight after they raised the US flag at Iwo Jima.  It's mature, intelligent, unsentimental and very sad.  I'm looking forward to Letters From Iwo Jima [Eastwood's other Iwo Jima movie, showing the battle from the Japanese perspective].


Afterward, I ate at Burger King. (I heard a subway busker playing a didgeridoo!)


Then I went to a Bible Studies Meetup.  Ali, who was talking about the Book of Acts and the Epistles, talked a lot about the Holy Spirit. (I brought our student atlas of the Bible, which impressed him very much.)


That scary music from the gambling scene in La Traviata is going around in my head!


Got another package of Ebay comic strips from Barry King.

No comments:

Post a Comment