Sunday, June 6, 2021

June 1, 2006

Soames (to his MP son-in-law): "You need to get it into your head that nothing you can say or do will make any difference"

--The Forsyte Saga


Dreamed of visiting St. John's, Newfoundland (which I did at age 18).


I was late for work because it wasn't till I got to the streetcar that I realized it was June and I had to go home for my new Metropass.  In the morning I shifted through all the active files and spread out the empty space created by the new cabinets among all the drawers.  In the afternoon I printed and attached new drawer labels, and also stuffed a bunch of envelopes.  Some of the address stickers I didn't put on the right part of the envelope. (Moira says she's made that mistake too.)


Dinner was pork chops.


Got Comic Relief, a book reprinting all the dailies from Thanksgiving Day, 1985, devoted to discussing hunger and promoting USA for Africa. (I got it for a cross section of 1980s daily strips.)

No comments:

Post a Comment