Friday, January 24, 2020

January 18, 2005

Maleficent transforming into a dragon: "Now shall you deal with me, O Prince, and all the powers of hell!"--Sleeping Beauty

Dreamed of visiting a hill where they were assembling the foundations of new houses (including one with a sauna); trying to set up the channel reception on a new TV set; my sister Margaret cleaning the ash suppository below the fireplace in our Sackville house; Raquel Welch.

Went shopping.

Brass monkey weather!  When I was outdoors it felt like opening the door to the frozen foods shelf in the supermarket...

Saw the DVD of Disney's animated Sleeping Beauty (for the fourth time). Disney visuals at their greatest, though they played loose with the story.  Sure glad I got to see it in widescreen!  My favorite sequence:  putting the castle to sleep.

The Book Club Meetup where they're talking about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time got delayed a week because the organizer's sick. Which means it's on the same night as the first Common Room meeting, alas, so I won't get to go.

Dinner was McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment