Monday, May 6, 2024

May 2, 2009

On the rock band Disaster Area: "Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon, which then explodes for no adequately explored reason"--The Restaurant at the End of the Universe


Steed: "Rubber scissors--what do you make of them?"

Mrs. Peel: "Well, I can't make a paper dolly."

--The Avengers


Went to a Snail's Pace Walking Meetup.  It was a mystery walk, which turned out to be close to home:  we went to Wychwood Barns, then down through Wychwood Park then up the Nordheimer Ravine. (We also entered the Tollkeeper's Cottage, me for the first time.)


Dinner was McDonald's.


Went to a Karaoke Meetup, this time Jonah's group at the Fox & Firkin.  I did the duet "I Got You, Babe" with Eileen. I was going to stay for a second song, but the show was indefinitely interrupted by a boxing match so I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment