Friday, May 3, 2024

April 29, 2009

Dreamed of writing a report on the movie business in 1970 (mentioning the failure of blockbusters like Tora!  Tora!  Tora! and the rise of Clint Eastwood to stardom in the international market).


Went shopping.


Went to the Silverthorn library and borrowed Douglas Adams' The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.  I'm going to change our book club from Emily of New Moon to that book and the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.


Went to a DBE Meetup at the Art Gallery of Ontario, where I hadn't been since its renovation. (It has a pretty nifty redesign.) There was a huge crowd waiting till 18:00 when admission became free.  I had to leave early because of another event.  On the way to the subway I saw a Tamil demonstration.


Then I went to a Travel Meetup at Grano's. (I had a castarto di simone.) I gave the organizer a free extra ticket to the Cavalleria Rusticana concert that they gave me for selling three.  I think I'll cancel my NYC reservation and organize a group trip to the city instead.


Read over 60 pages of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment